Pages

Saturday 14 January 2012

Pea & Ham Soup

Pea & Ham SoupIf you've got some ham that needs using up (and have some potatoes, bacon, frozen peas & chicken stock) then make pea and ham soup.

I don't ever remember having this as a child, but I remember the lyrics of a well known TV commercial for Dulux...
"The walls of Birmingham wipe clean of pea and ham, and the skirting boards of Fife have a long life.  So brush in hand, decorate this land with Dulux paint"

Yes it is sad that I can still remember TV adverts from the 1990s.  But I can't remember useful information, like how to use the SLR camera we have at work (even though Hanna gave me a great lesson yesterday in the pub).

So back to pea & ham soup.

I used the recipe at the BBC Good Food, I didn't measure things out too exact, but if you do - the measurements are all on the BBC Good Food Website

It's a lovely hearty recipe, for cold wintery days.
    Pea & Ham soup
  • Garlic, onions, bacon & oil heat for 10mins
  • Add peeled and chopped potatoes and stock and simmer for 10mins
  • 500g frozen peas and 250ml of milk and cool gently for another 5-10
  • Add chopped ham, and blitz with a hand blender.
  • I added some more water to mine because it was really thick, and I only needed to add pepper.


No comments:

Post a Comment