- I am afraid of spiders that I find in my house, but I can quite happily ignore them outside.
- I have never ever wanted to go skiing or snowboarding, and would much prefer to build snowmen.
- I loved making dens when I was young. One of my earliest memories of my first den was my matress wedged against the airing cupboard in my bedroom.
- When I was about 8, I slipped in the bath and sat on a tap and had to go to hospital to have stiches up my bottom.
- I have an obsessive compulsive disorder; I must have the wardrobe and cupboard doors closed properly before I can go to sleep (unless I'm drunk & then I don't realise).
- I sometimes wake up in the morning, with the feeling that I've killed someone, and I need to dispose of the body.
- The milk must go in the tea after the hot water.
- I don't own a microwave and don't feel I'm missing out.
- I have always wanted a Mynah bird, and if I had one I would call him Verloc.
- I have size 9 feet and tend to put up with size 8 shoes.
- I used to have a teenage crush on Terence Trent D'arby.
- I love surprises & hate it when people spoil them.
- I don't like losing.
- I like having bonfires at my allotment.
- I only started eating bacon in 2003, but I wasn't a vegetarian.
- I used to look into the shiny glint in the chain on the bath plug and imagine a world inside it.
- I once put my finger in a washing mangle to see what would happen.
- I like the smell of play doh, freshly cut grass, coffee and leather.
- When I was young I told the old couple who lived next door that if you rubbed the corners of your eyes & closed them, you would see your angel wings.
- If I can't explain how something works, then I'm quite happy to accept that it's magic.
- I once made cake mixture and ate it (without cooking it).
- I always play word-association in my head - and sometimes I say the results out loud, often an inappropriate moments (or in meetings at work).
- I love spring: catkins (little lambs tails) and pussy willow (bunnies ears) on the trees & spring flowers.
- I shock myself sometimes when I hear my chicken impression played back to me.
- I always wanted to do the assault course on the Krypton Factor.
|Halloween fancy dress|
|Portrait drawn by my niece Emily|