Pages

Sunday 12 February 2012

Music (and music purchases)

I'm always keen on trying new music.

IMAG1258
A snippet of my CD collection
If people recommend music, that they think I'll like, I'm always excited (by the prospect of a new tune/band) and that they've actually thought of me.

I can't really say what my preferred musical type is, I'll pretty much try anything, and give a damn good reason why I do (or don't) like something: the beat, the bass, the lyrics, the haunting tune, the vocal, the energy, the kitch, the funk, the noise, the magical way it takes me to another world...etc

I tend to do the listening bit through free online music sites, such as YouTube or Spotify or LastFM, before making the decision to buy the album (I don't buy singles these days, explanation below).

If I like at least 2 or 3 of the album tracks I'll seriously consider buying the album, on CD mind you, I want something real for my money.

I don't like downloading music, I believe that an album was made as a whole - to be listened to in its entirety, each track ordered for a reason, and buying individual tracks seems against what the artist was trying to do. Well that's my theory anyway and I'm sticking to it.

I've also decided to try and write about each album I buy in 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment