Pages

Monday 7 May 2012

Cakebook 2012: The last bake

Cakebook 2012 is an event organised by Newcasle Gateshead EAT Festival 2012.  The event calls upon bakers amateur (like me) and professionals to bake cakes and craft them into a building...

In 2010 it was a building/structure from Newcastle/Gateshead, and I baked The Bridge Hotel, which I was really pleased with.

In 2011 it was a building/structure from the North East and Yorkshire, and I baked Bamburgh Castle, which I was quite disappointed with.

And this year we're required to bake/build a building/structure from one of the 10 'regions' across the UK.

I said in 2011 I wouldn't do it again, because I spent so much time baking in the run up to the event, that I didn't take part in some of the other events in the programme.


But I've found a building that I'd love to bake, and after my own personal disappointment with last years cake, I need to 'fix' it by doing a really really good bake this year....




Oh yes, I've signed up, I've agreed to bake the gherkin building and the plans have been drawn up...

I spent the last couple of days planning things out: height-width, materials, construction plans, which will be posted to this blog, but i didn't want to spoil all of the suprises straight away...

Oh yes, and Mr Lisa doesn't know yet....

No comments:

Post a Comment