Pages

Friday 20 December 2013

Christmas gift buying stress

I sometimes seem to get myself all in a tizz about buying Christmas presents.

I decide who I need a present for, think of something suitable, find something appropriate and then immediately doubt and question my actions:

Will they like it? What if they don't
Will someone else be buying this for them? So should I still get it?
Do they actually *need* this? I don't want to buy them something that they've already got or don't want.

I don't suppose I'm the only one to think like this, but it gets me down, wears me out and knocks my confidence.

And then I lose the sense of excitement I normally feel about Christmas and I go all 'bah humbug' and think, oh just fuck it, if they don't like it they'll get rid of it, if they've already got one then it's their problem.

I need some words of reassurance or words of wisdom to help me change my way of thinking about this and not let the buying of Christmas presents stress me out and make me unhappy.

No comments:

Post a Comment