Pages

Saturday 15 May 2010

33 mile bike ride training: 4 weeks to go

I finally did it, faced my demons and rode to Newcastle City Centre, spent about 30minutes taking pictures of the Bridge Hotel (for cake-building in preparation for Eat NewcastleGateshead 2010, Cakebook)

I'd been avoiding cycling into town for ages, I associate cycling to town with going to work, I'm familiar with the road-journey and imagined the bike-ride would be equally monotonous.  I know cycle-paths exist, and was basing my fears on the road-route.

The ride into town was quite pleasant, good weather, along the river, and upto the quayside.  After a short stop taking pics of the Bridge Hotel we headed up town and to work - to take some pictures to prove to myself that I'd actually cycled to my place of work


View the ride here

The ride back was pretty hellish, a long hard slog, once I'd reached Benton I'd lost the will to live and wanted to crawl the rest of the way.

When I eventually got home I crawled upstairs, had a nice hot bath and did very little for the rest of the evening.




Does this mean I'll be cycling to work/from work?
Does it heckers like

==============================================================================


Northern Rock Cyclone 2010

Saturday 12th June 2010, 33miles

Raising money for the RNLI, please sponsor me!

No comments:

Post a Comment