Anyway, I decided to make Fondant Fancies in March, and followed the BBC Good Food recipe (Mary Berry) - which was fairly easy to follow, there were a couple of issues:
|Fondant Faff-ons & Mr K (the mixer)|
- with the sponge - it was slightly wonky on the edges so when i cut my squares i needed to trim off a bit extra
- putting buttercream on the sponge squares, because the cake was so fresh it crumbled
- dipping the covered sponges with fondant icing - just messy
- letting the icing covered sponges set - dripping fondant icing (good job i put a sheet of greaseproof underneath) - messy
- putting the finished fancies in a tin, they didn't really set - messy
All in all, I was glad that I'd made them, but they were a bit of a messy faff on.
I'd eaten that many bits of offcuts and "testers" I didn't really want any, so my colleagues were treated to Loopygirls Fondant Faff-ons. They got the thumbs up.