- M&S sweet pastry/tart cases
- double cream
- fondant icing sugar
- peach slices
- peach food colouring (I used yellow and orange)
- Whip the cream with a bit of icing sugar so it was really stiff
- Sieve the icing sugar added water (a little at a time) and coloured with food colouring and then you're ready to construct it all.
- Lay 3 or 4 peach slices in the pastry case
- Pipe cream over the peaches into a dome shape.
- Spoon over the fondant icing sugar, so it drizzles down.
- Stand back and admire
|1st attempt at a homemade peach melba|
I ate one of them, to make sure they tasted alright, which they did.
Then I made some changes and made one last one: I made the fondant icing really really thick, I made sure the whipped cream wasn't too stiff, I didn't pipe the cream on I used a spoon instead & smoothed with a palette knife and as before I drizzled the icing on, turning the tart case as the icing covered the cream.
|My beautiful (homemade) peach melba|
And the last one was perfect!
Unlike the dream I had enough ingredients for me & Mr Lisa - so that was nice :)