|A walk in the Yorkshire Dales, near Hawes|
|Appersett, nr Hawes|
|Yes - this was really September|
The walk took us over fields, tracks and up hills, and it was nice to get out into the middle of nowhere.
There were plenty of excitable moorland birds, mostly grouse and pheasants and for a short time nearly adopted a farm dog.
|The farm dog who wanted to join us|
|A pint at The Crown, Hawes|
Hawes for a pint (& tea & cake)
Back in Hawes, stopped at The Crown for a pint of beer to quench our thirst, and onto a teashop for cake and a cuppa (my second coffee cake in 2 days).
Dinner in Leyburn
We booked into The Sandpiper Inn (Leyburn) for dinner, and it was well worth the visit, our favourite meal of the holiday.
Carl went for:
- Ham Hock Terrine with Balsamic Shallots & Watercress
- Pressed Dales Lamb with Summer Vegetables & a Redcurrant & Mint Sauce
- Strawberry Knickerbocker Glory
- Seared Queen Scallops with Caramelised Belly Pork & Pea Puree
- Slow-cooked Wensleydale Beef with Campbell’s Black Pudding & Roasted Vegetables
- Baked lemon cheesecake
Places to eat/drink:
- The Sandpiper Inn, Market Place, Leyburn,North Yorkshire DL8 5AT
- Laburnum House (Tea shop/cafe), Hawes
|Red Admiral Butterfly|