Pages

Tuesday 4 January 2011

Raspberry Honey Cranachan

I used to pronounce it 'cran-ak-han' but after a trip to Scotland in summer 2010, I was reliably informed that the correct pronunciation was 'crana-hun'

Anyway, if you're like me, and not too hot on whisky you can either leave it out (which is a bit dull) or just put less in.

  • 50g rolled oats
  • 284ml double cream
  • 2 tbsp whisky
  • 2 tbps honey
  • 250g fresh raspberries
  1. Toast the oats either on foil (under the grill) or in a frying pan - no oil, just keep an eye on them, as soon as they start to go a smidge bit brown TURN THE HEAT OFF. Leave to cool.
  2. Add the whisky to the double cream and whisk up (by hand - if you're feeling strong) or with an electric whisk, until the cream forms soft peaks.
  3. Fold in the honey, oats, and gently fold in the raspberries.
  4. Put into 4 dishes and serve.
I know in my picture it all looks a bit pink - that's because I defrosted raspberries for this recipe.  The recipe suggests fresh raspberries because they hold their shape a bit better.

No comments:

Post a Comment