Pages

Wednesday 4 April 2012

The Barre - not your average exercise class

Ive been to the Barre. That's Barre with two r's and an e at the end.

When you're a beginner you start at  1st Barre, when you master the 1st Barre you progress to 2nd and then 3rd.

1st Barre provides an hour-long session of controlled, ballet-type exercises, which help to build core strength, and tone troublesome areas.

What's different about the Barre is that the exercise is careful, controlled and monitored by one of the teachers.  Classes are small (max 12) and you're constantly monitored, and corrected so that you get the most out of each move.

I really enjoyed my first class, offered at £6 (half-price) so that I could walk away without it breaking the bank.

What I also like is that you can just pay as you go, but if you want to pay for a block of sessions you can (at discounted rates) and they've always got a monthly challenge for hard-core Barre nuts.
I've been twice in the last month (fortnightly), which suits me at the moment, I'm supplementing my non-Barre week with allotment stuff or a bike ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment