Pages

Wednesday 25 September 2013

Rikki Tikki Tavi

I always knew that Rikki Tikki Tavi was something from my childhood but I didn't quite know what it was, who it was, where it came from or why I'd remembered it.

Then my boss said the phrase "Rikki Tikki" and I instantly wanted to (& did) add the word "Tavi" to it. Normally when I say what's in my head it's often rude, doesn't make sense or is just random. But in this case he knew exactly what I meant and said it was a character from a Rudyard Kipling story.

I still don't remember the story or the character, but it puts my mind at rest knowing that this Rikki Tikki Tavi was a real (ish) thing and not just nonsense taking up space in my head.

Now I need to find out about Rikko Tikki Tavi and see if I'm any wiser...

No comments:

Post a Comment